Presently, I followed the set up instructions of both the manual and our Dobot distributor:
- Installed DobotSCStudio V2.2.1.
- Connected an ethernet cable to the robot controller.
- Set up the ethernet properties as shown below:
-IP Address: 192.168.5.120
-Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
- Tested the connection by successfully pinging 192.168.5.1 from the command prompt.
- Launch DobotSCStudio.
- Select 192.168.5.1 from the IP settings and click “ok”.
From here, the software remains stuck on the loading screen indefinitely.
When our Dobot distributor attempts the same sequence, they are able to connect without issue on their laptop.
I have tried this same process with two different laptops (all firewalls disabled), and with DobotSCStudio V2.1.8, and had the same unsuccessful result.
Has anyone had a similar issue? I am not sure what could be causing this, especially since our Dobot distributor can follow the same steps and successfully connect.