MG400 unresponsive after changing IP address

I used DobotStudio Pro to change the IP address of one of our MG400 units to 192.168.1.7

After doing so, I cannot see the MG400 in DobotStudio Pro at all. On either Ethernet port. Other Dobot units such as our Nova 2 connect just fine.

Is there any way to reset it to the original IP address?
Or connect to it in some other way?

Thank you!

If it helps troubleshoot, the MG400 has controller firmware version 1.5.7.8-stable-77b11ba1-2208081958

I took a screenshot before I changed anything.

I used the wifi USB dongle that came with our Nova 2, and put it in USB1 port on the MG400.

I now see a wifi network MG400, and can connect to it with the default password 1234567890.

However, I still can’t connect to it in DobotStudio Pro.

I just wanted to post the solution to a bricked MG400 from changing the IP address in case anyone else encounters this!

Dobot tech support was very helpful, and sent me a zip archive with a batch file to update the MG400’s controller firmware to version 1.5.9.0. This was back in Sept 2023, so I doubt this is still the latest firmware. Does anyone know what the latest firmware is, and can share their experience with it?

After running the batch script, the MG400 unit was reset back to its default IP address and I was able to connect to it and change its IP address successfully.

There is another issue, however. All 4 of our MG400 units have the same Ethernet MAC address. This is at a lower level in the networking stack than the IP address, and will cause similar problems as duplicate IP addresses.

Dobot tech support sent me an archive, mac_burn.zip, that can be used to change the MAC address on each MG400. This seems very odd to me because every manufactured Ethernet device is supposed to have a unique MAC address right from from the factory. I was also nervous to try it because in this other thread people were having trouble after using this too: Multiple MG400 on 10.x.x.x network issues

So I haven’t attempted this MAC address change yet on our MG400s. I would love to hear from anyone who has.

Another piece of information they told me that might be useful to others is that for the WiFi module, you’ll need to use the correct model. It is the AC600 mini wireless USB adapter, Archer T2U. I have ordered 6 of them for backups :smile: