Multiple MG400 on 10.x.x.x network issues

Hi! We recently purchased multiple dobot MG400 robots and connected them to our network. I used the Studio app to set 2 of their IPs to 10.1.1.11 and 10.1.1.12 with subnet 255.255.255.0. It wouldn’t let me set a gateway. I plugged a network cable into LAN2 of each robot, no cable into LAN1. With this configuration each robot is very slow when connecting and often errors out. When I ping them half the pings time out. When I unplug either robots network cable the other one works perfectly. It seems like they conflict with each other on the network despite having unique IP addresses. Can anyone help? Thanks!!

Multiple robots control via single PC
Multiple robots control via single PC

I think there’s a MAC address conflict :thinking:

Hi Will, I think Hans said it right, it’s the problem of the MAC address. We can provide the tool to change the MAC address, and you can do it by double click the bat file named mac_ip.bat after you connect the device via LAN 1. For more detailed description, you can click README-English md file or PDF file for reference. Download link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HWKf97KPkkEXXjjnY6luhUT7vbAs3T8O/view?usp=sharing

Hope this could help you.

Can you share the files another way? Google says the file violates their terms of service when I click the link.

Hi Will, try this one on Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/scsjks9kjnt38b0/mac_burn.rar?dl=0

Thank you! I will try this when I get into work later.

Hi there! I checked through SSH and confirmed all of our dobots share the same MAC of 00:0E:C6:87:72:01.

I ran the custom IP batch file and input 192.168.1.6 since the default of 192.168.5.1 doesnt match the default of the MG400’s i have here. It ran and looked like the script was successful at first, however after rebooting the machines the MAC address did not change to the different one specified in the mac_start.txt file. Additionally, the MG400 will no longer boot and cannot be connected to using DobotStudio or DobotSCStudio. Help please!

I noticed it was asking me if it was the CR3/CR5/CRx model in the file. Is there a different download i need for the MG400 series?

Hi Will, I just sent you an email, let’s talk there for a better communication

Hi,

I’ve been trying getting the same setup work and met the same problems. Could you email me for further discussion, or here if you prefer.

Best,
Bourne

Hi,

I’ve been trying getting the same setup work and met the same problems. Could you email me for further discussion, or here if you prefer.

Best,
Bourne

Hi Will,

Hope you have solved this problem.

Could you pls share some information here to help those who try setting the same things up? It would be really appreciated!

Best,
Bourne

We had a lengthy teamviewer session and they did an upgrade to a new firmware then manually reset everything through the console. After that the Mac address fixes worked. Not sure if the firmware I am on now is on their website or not. I’d wait until they respond to the thread before trying it because it wasn’t trivial to fix the machine after it bricked.

Thanks for your quick reply Will!!

Could I know which version of the firmware they upgraded to your MG400?

Best,
Bourne

I believe it is 1.5.3.6

Hi Bourne, if you tried but still failed, feel free to contact us via support@dobot.cc and we will help you via email

Hi,

I was trying to modify the MAC address of the MG400 in order to avoid communication conflict when using two MG400s with a single PC, and followed the content to do so in this link. And the content said it is better to update the firmware before modifying the MAC address, and I did so following this link.

Now the MAC address has been successfully modified, however, the DobotSCStudio interface got frozen once I connect it with the updated MG400. The updated MG400 can respond to my ping though.

Could you help to recover the frozen DobotSCStudio interface?

(I have sent an email to support@dobot.cc)

All the best,
Bourne

Hi,

I was trying to modify the MAC address of the MG400 in order to avoid communication conflict when using two MG400s with a single PC, and followed the content to do so in this link. And the content said it is better to update the firmware before modifying the MAC address, and I did so following this link.

Now the MAC address has been successfully modified, however, the DobotSCStudio interface got frozen once I connect it with the updated MG400. The updated MG400 can respond to my ping though.

Could you help to recover the frozen DobotSCStudio interface?

(I have sent an email to support@dobot.cc

All the best,
Bourne

FYI, they are based out of China and likely won’t respond until their business hours. We usually had calls and troubleshooting sessions around midnight eastern time.

Thanks for your kind reminder, Will!