Trouble Connecting to CR5 in DobotStudio Pro or CRStudio App

Hello,

I have tried to connect to the CR5 controller in a few different ways with no success.

1. Through WiFi and DobotStudio Pro:

I have been able to connect to the WiFi Dobot_WIFICR5-XXXX-XXXX successfully
I then open DobotStudio Pro and the Virtual Controller CR5 shows up with the Connect button present.
I click the Connect button and a pop-up shows up with “Factory Permission Login” and is asking for a password.
I do not know this password or what this would be for, so that’s as far as I can get.

1. Through ethernet connection and DobotStudio Pro:

I have changed the TCP/IPv4 IP address to 192.168.5.1 as stated in the instructions
I then open DobotStudio Pro and the Virtual Controller CR5 shows up with the Connect button present.
I click the Connect button and a pop-up shows up with “Factory Permission Login” and is asking for a password.

I do not know this password or what this would be for, so that’s as far as I can get.

1. Through CRStudio app:

I have been able to connect to the WiFi Dobot_WIFICR5-XXXX-XXXX successfully
I then open CRStudio
I click the Connect button and the button switches to Disconnect and the WiFi icon displays on the left side of the button
The Enabling button is blue, so I click on it
The message: “Get installing angle” appears
Then the message: “Getting data…” appears
And finally the message “Get load value failed” appears.
The only functionality I have at this point is that I can press the Emergency Stop button through the app and it will go into emergency stop condition.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dobot CR5 detected, but error pops up when connecting

Dear kurtis-vsi
We regret to inform you that the functionality of the virtual machine CR5 is currently being tested. If you have a physical machine, you should not select this option.

best wishes

Great, thank you!

It was the enable SMB File Sharing that allowed me to find the device.

Do you know any reason why I would not be able to enable the robot in the CRStudio app? Perhaps a connection issue, as well. I’m using iOS 16.1 on iPhone 13.

hii kurtis-vsi
At the moment our read and store programs communicate with the machine via the SMB1.0 protocol to read and write files in the controller. If this protocol is not open in Windows, it cannot be read and the machine will not be found. This design may be optimised in the future.
best wishes

Hello again,

So after playing with the robot last week, I think I still have a connection issue.

After connecting to the controller (both through ethernet and through WiFi and using two different computers), often the CR5 controller does not show up as an option to connect to. All that is shown is the Virtual Controller. If I refresh the “Add Manual” IP address multiple times (3-10 times), the correct CR5 controller will show up as an option to connect. However, sometimes it will disappear again, and then I will refresh the the “Add Manual” IP address multiple times for the controller to show up again.

Once connected, there is trouble reading and writing Blockly files. For example, I get a message: “File read/write or interface receiving/sending timeout fail” when trying to create a new program.
If I try multiple times (3-10 times), it will eventually let me create a new program. Another example, when I try to save the program, I get a message: “Failed to save the project. It has been backed up locally. Please check network and try again.” After trying to save for 3-10 times, it eventually saves.
Screenshot%20failed%20to%20save

Similar things happen with Trajectory recording. Saving and/or renaming a trajectory file requires me to do it 3-10 times in order for the file to save or rename properly.

Again, this happens both connected through ethernet and through WiFi. Could this be a controller issue?

I ask because I can in fact connect to the controller (sometimes it will disconnect randomly) on my iPhone using CRStudio App and it will display the robot’s actual position in the diagram. I can also go into emergency stop mode by pressing the emergency stop button on the app. I just get a “Get load value failed” message when I try to enable the robot, so I cannot really do anything with it. That means two different applications (CRStudio and DobotStudio Pro) on two different devices can connect to the controller, but I still have some sort of intermittent connection.

Thank you for your help!

For reference:

Controller Model Number: DT-CR-CC162-001
Controller Serial Number: CC162-05-4125-0780

CR5 Model Number: DT-CR-6R050-001
CR5 Serial Number: CR5-4125-0780

DobotStudio Pro Ver. 2.5.0
CRStudio App Ver. 2.11.0

Hi kurtis-vsi
nice to see u here,
I would like to ask if you are connected to a router or switch?
Errors can occur when connecting to routers and switches because the router assigns the machine an incorrect DNS address, which can tamper with the robot’s internal files.
Download link below:

Please unpack it completely in one folder,Connect the machine and then run “click me.bat”.

Hello,

Thank you for the response.

I have not connected the controller to our network at all. I connect directly from the controller to my laptop with an ethernet cable.

I have also tried attaching a WiFi adapter to the back of the controller and connected directly to that WiFi signal with the laptop. Still, that is not connected to our network.

Thank you!

Hi Dobot,
I am also having connection issues with my CR5. (I just unboxed it this morning.) I am also using a direct WiFi connection to the robot. When I click the Connect button in the CRStudio app on my iPhone, the app crashes. The app is version 2.11.0. My iPhone is running 16.1.2.
I also tried DobotStudio Pro 2.5.0 on my Windows 10 laptop. I connected my laptop to the robot’s WiFi hotspot. The Windows app sees the robot and connects for a moment before displaying this message: "
Later, the app displays these tips: “ForceStop Get fail: /panel/emergencyStop” and “Load Params Get fail: /settings/function/loadParams”.
On the back of the controller, all 3 LEDs are on. Green is solid on. Yellow blinks fast, and red blinks slowly. Is this normal? I haven’t found much documentation for the controller.

Thanks,
Ben

My Dobot started working correctly once I updated the firmware.

hello Kurtis-vis
I suggest you try the methods mentioned above first, or check for a firmware update.
Then based on your feedback I need to troubleshoot other issues as well.
Best wishes.

Hello,

Thank you.
I did not update the firmware, since it said it was up to date. I just connected the controller to our network via ethernet cable.

After connecting the controller to our network via ethernet cable, I haven’t had any major issues with the connection, so far. I can now program with both DobotStudio Pro and CRStudio App.

Is there a reason the robot needs to be connected to the network, especially hardlined? Can it be setup and programmed in an area that does not have any network connections?

Was there a solution to this? I’m having the same exact issue, although I have been able to connect to DobotStudioPro in the past (even as recent as 2 weeks ago). I am able to program and control our CR-16 with CRStudio program on my I-phone, but when using DobotStudioPro on my PC, it fails to recognize that the robot is connected via ethernet connection and also doesn’t recognize when trying to connect via WIFI dongle. I’m only getting the “Virtual controller cr5” option that was mentioned in the OP’s post.

edit
Turning on the SMB 1.0 on my windows device wasn’t successful the first time, but after doing it again, it finally stuck and the CR-16 is discoverable.

Hi f1ben. I’m glad you could resolve your issue. I have an identical problem, so whatever you did should work for me. See attached image.

What do you mean update the firmware? Do you mean get the latest DobotStudio Pro, or something else? It’s not clear to me how we would update firmware if we can’t connect to the Dobot in the first place.

Can you assist? Thanks!