My Dobot haven't worked a single time

Hi, i purchased this arm and received it in february, and i used a lot of time trying to get it work without success. I thought that it was because of bad software so i waited till now where i see your software is much better, however my arm does not work.
Im running 1.34 and have upgraded to the newest firmware, i tried several computers. I calibrated the sensors and checked wires. The arm connects to the pc and shows correct data from sensors but no matter what i do the arm will not move. I used alot time on trying to make it work and sometimes when holding the reset button the arm will make a very little move.

This has to be a defect controller-board. I am backer number 825 i paid money for a defect product what can i do?

Could you send me a video to check what’s going on? Including how you control the dobot and how it acts.

Yes i get home from vacation in 2 weeks then i will make a video :slight_smile:

Hi i made the video. When i press disconnect / reset while doing a move connect the arm will move a tiny bit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxyP58hqIQY

My Dobot was working for about 4 weeks (intermittently) but over the last week is doing the same thing as markus has shown in the video. It is set to USB (not wireless/bluetooth, recognised in the device manager as Mega 2560 but my mouse will not move the arm. I have reloaded the software change the usb cable, restarted but no effect. The reset button now has no effect. Is there a factory reset I can try?

I think we have the same issue ! when it first arrived i could make it work 5-20 seconds now its like 1/10th of a second its responding

I also tried on 3 different computers and a phone

In your video, I noticed you just click the button but not keep pressing the button, so it will not move. You need to hold the button for a few seconds, let’s say X+, and it will move as you want.

I was told to upload the firmware again and this wiped out the problem. All working now.

I remember you already did this before, that’s weird…

Yes i updated the firmware many times. What shall i do next?

I checked your video again, seems like your dobot even can’t connect to Dobotclient successfully, have you installed the arduino driver?

I suggest you send an email to the support mailbox and talk to them directly, this will be faster.

Or did you notice any error when connecting to Dobot? And how’s the coordinates of joint1-4? Are they all correct?