Loop Termination Bug

In DobotStudio2020 and DobotSCStudio, I’ve encountered an issue of a loop iterating even after the break condition is fulfilled. I’ve tried programming the arm using T&P, Blockly, and Lua, but they all exhibit the same issue.

A simple example of what I’m talking about:

while (DI(0) == 1)
// Loop body
end

If DI(0) is changed from high to low during the loop body, the arm performs extra iterations as if the break condition wasn’t fulfilled.

Here’s a Google Drive link with a video demonstrating the issue:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/11SaDHSPCYVMQwtUBJ6q3NxJAIxEicDXg/view?usp=sharing

So far, the problem is fixed using the C# interface so I’ve been using that, but some of the functions aren’t working. MovJ and MovL work as expected, but JointMovJ, RelMovJ, and RelMovL return “invalid parameters”. I’ve triple-checked the data and number of parameters I’m passing, but no response from the arm.

An example of how I’m calling the RelMovJ:

OffsetXYZ offsetXYZ = new OffsetXYZ();
offsetXYZ.OffsetX = 5;
offsetXYZ.OffsetY = 0;
offsetXYZ.OffsetZ = 0;
bool blocked = false;
RelMovJ(ref offsetXYZ, blocked);

Could I get some examples on how to use these functions in case I’m using them incorrectly?

Hello, JointMovJ, RelMovJ, and RelMovL are not applicable to MG400 in DobotSDK1.4.1
We use a new SDK to replace the old version. The new SDK is based on TCP/IP remote protocol and can be called as long as the programming language supports TCP/IP communication. Details can be viewed: https://github.com/Dobot-Arm/TCP-IP-Protocol/tree/EN-Version

Hi, I have this same problem. I cannot get any conditional loop to terminate. I have an MG400. Was there a bug fix or work around for this?

– Version: Lua 5.3.5
while 1 do
if (DI(9))==1 then
DO(2,0)
print((DI(9)))
Sync()
else
DO(2,0)
Wait(3000)
DO(2,1)
Wait(500)
end
end

This is my code. The if loop will continue even though the conditional has been met.

Are you breaking out of the while loop? I don’t understand what this program is trying to do

This is a small script in my code. When the condition is met in the if loop, break out and continue to the rest of the code. If I tried to do this in blockly, it didn’t work, I had to add this script. The until conditional functions were very buggy, or I just don’t know how to use them.