How to home the DoBot Magician using an Arduino

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew how to home the DoBot Magician in C++. I’m using the arm with an Arduino & C++. I’ve read the documentation regarding the homing procedures but so far nothing I’ve done in my code seems to work. I’ve use the example code in the DoBot Communication Protocol V1.1.5 but I cant get it to work. Is it possible to program the Key button to home? It seems I can only download Playback teaching code and I couldn’t find a homing function in that mode. If anyone has any insights let me know.

Example code in question from DoBot Communication Protocol V1.1.5 Page 10:

1.6 Homing Function
This part is homing function, including setting homing parameter, obtaining homing parameter,
and setting homing position command. The default home position is (0°, 45°,45°, 0°).
1.6.1 Set/Get HOMEParams
 This command is to set homing position, the issued command packet format is shown in
Table 31, and the returned command packet format is shown in Table 32.
 This command is to get homing position, the issued command packet format is shown in
Table 33, and the returned command packet format is shown in Table 34.
Program 3 HOMEParams definition

typedef struct tagHOMEParams {
float x; Dobot coordinates X;
float y; Dobot coordinates y;
float z; Dobot coordinates z;
float r; Dobot coordinates r;
} HOMEParams;

Holding down the key button for a few seconds homes the arm. I’m not going to go through the trouble of trying to get the Homing function to work in the code.