Firmware Update Failed

The firmware update script exited while updating my MG400 Servo firmware. Now the robot is not showing up on ethernet and the indicator light is not turning on. What can I do to fix the robot?

Here is the output of the firmware updater program when I try to run it after rebooting the robot.

[root@dobot fireware]# ./firm_update eth0 1 MagicianPro_Servo_FOE_V2.0.7.0.bin
SOEM (Simple Open EtherCAT Master)
Firmware update example
Starting firmware update example
ec_init on eth0 succeeded.
1 slaves found and configured.
Request init state for slave 1
Slave 1 state to INIT.
 SM0 A:1800 L: 512 F:00010026
 SM1 A:1a30 L: 512 F:00010022
Request BOOT state for slave 1
Slave 1 state to NOT BOOT.
line[135],status :1,hope:1
line[143],status :1,hope:3
SOEM (Simple Open EtherCAT Master)

Is there a service manual available for the MG400? If I could manually set the STM32 microcontroller into boot mode the firmware updater might succeed.

A few people, including myself have had issues with the firmware updater. I suggest you reach out to your reseller to connect you with support, or to contact support via the email on their webpage.

They are very slow in response now a day! I just got 2 MG400 bricked and project due. Frustrating!

We had this same issue. We reached out to our distributor and they were able to provide a burn-in cable to write to the servo control board directly and unbrick them.

N.B.: in the instructions that Dobot provided they show the control board removed (and a different board version than we had) but you need the system to be plugged in and turned on for the burn-in cable to connect. You can reach the connector with the power board attached by running the near the cut-out for J1.