CR5 not fully completing move instruction

I am attempting to move the CR5 robot, using Python (MovJ command). When I request it to move to a certain Cartesian pose the robot seems to lock up, but still somehow attempts to finish the trajectory.

The robot stops in the middle of the trajectory and then has small jerky movements, until it stops completely:

This does not happen for all poses. The one I provided should be attainable.

What could be the issue here? Is my robot alright?

Hello Nurgak,

Do you have activated the SafeSkin? Because of the type of movement that stops and continues a bit, it gives the impression that it is detecting itself. Try deactivating it or reducing the detection distance.

Also from experience, if you are programming over TCP/IP with Python and even if you disable the safe skin from there, disable it from the company’s own program (both CRStudio or Pro). This is because if it is enabled there, it may conflict with the safe skin function in Python.

Regards,

We are oficial distributors: https://www.eurobots.net/cobots-en.html

Hi @UnaiEuro,

Thanks for the tip. I disabled SafeSkin, but it did not resolve my issue. The default action when contact is detected is to pause the robot, so the robot should not do this stuttering move.

I had to do two modifications to the ROS driver to get it working:

1. Change the trajectory_duration value to 0.03 as described here. As the author mentions, it looks like the default 0.3 value is a mistake in the ROS driver.
  2. Amend the TCP connection as described in the closed issue. This one would have been really difficult to find by myself.

Now the robot moves reliably and smoothly.

I hope this can help someone else in this situation. The ROS driver seems to be dated and could use some updating.

HI

Can you tell the cordintat or the complet command you put with MovL or MovJ. I would be help full for me.

Thank You

Sorry, I do not have access to the robot/software anymore.