Z axis not responding during bed leveling...MOOZ 1

Had to remove my 3d print head to clean out a filament overflow.
When I reassembled also put on a new bed pad and started the 3 point bed leveling. procedure. seemed to take, yet when I printed, the z axis stayed up and didn’t travel down to the bed. Then it acted like it was printing in the up position. So I redid the bed leveling. No, did not have a SD or USB device inserted. Even unplugged the USB cable.
Now when I start the Mooz and go directly to bed leveling, the z axis doesn’t move down to the bed. Stays at the top.
So I re-flashed the firmware to ensure I was at V1.4.5. Yet the z axis doesn’t come down to the bed during the bed leveling procedure.
What can cause this? How can I fix?

BTW with the head in the up position, the read out on the panel indicates it is at 0. And that’s there it stays when I try to print. When I get a bed-leveling process to work, the read out goes to -130.5 or thereabouts.

Has something fried in the circuitry?

Now, nothing is sticking to the build plate, heated or cool, taped or not taped. the stop doesn’t work from the control panel. just one thing after another.

NEED SOME HELP HERE!

Sorry, not sure I can help, but man, what a bummer! It sounds like you need a replacement part - possibly the motherboard or touch screen unit, but that’s just my uneducated guess.

Going back to your post, to make sure I understand, you:
unplug all cards and USB cables
turn on the mooz
wait for it to start
press the right-most button on the bottom (forget what icon is on it)
press the four arrows icon
At this point, the mooz zeroes its position, and is basically centered above the bed, but 10+ cm above the bed?
What happens if you press the Z- button? Anything? (Sounds like you said no, it doesn’t move, just want to make sure I understand you clearly.)

All the cables to the axis motors are plugged in?
What bed pad did you use? The spare they ship with the kit?
Also, I’m assuming this used to work, and now it doesn’t? I don’t think you said explicitly that it worked, but since you’re cleaning out filament, I’m guessing you made some prints?
Did you happen to unplug or plug in the axis control cables while it was turned on? Hot plugging the cables could cause a problem. The only things you can plug/unplug while it’s on, I have found, is the SD card and maybe the USB port, though I haven’t really tried that.

The issue concerning air printing (when the Z axis reports a negative number like -125 at the top and -130 at the bed height) is a bug with the bed leveling procedure messing up the Z-zero position, and can be fixed by setting the Z position in the air first, restarting and setting Z position to the bed.

As per bed adhesion, 30mm speed and a properly adjusted Z height. Typically a slightly hotter bed and filament, on initial layers helps. 70/220 respectively for PLA should work fine.

If you continue to have issues try adjusting Z height up /down to find optimum spot. You can, with a properly adjusted Z (Zero’d to bed), go back to the previous Z 0 position (i.e. it will be “0” when you’re at the previously designated position) and nudge it up or down by 0.01 at a time and continue until you find a “sweet spot” when printing.

It is also worth wiping down build surface detergent /alcohol to remove any residues.