Python error when running DobotControl.py

Hi!

I’m trying to run the Demo in Python 2.7 as well as 3.6 on Windows 64 bit. DobotDllType.py is running fine, but if I run DobotControl.py this error pops up:

api = dType.load()

File "DobotDllType.py", line 459, in load
return CDLL("DobotDll.dll",  RTLD_GLOBAL)

File "C:\Python\lib\ctypes\__init__.py", line 362, in __init__
self._handle = _dlopen(self._name, mode)

WindowsError: [Error 193] %1 is not a valid Win32 application

Do you have any recommendations on how to solve this issue? I checked all software involved for the version and 64 bit.

Thank you in advance!

Please email to support@dobot.cc to get technical support, thanks

Same thing happen to me and to fix it download the python 3.5.0 x86 version
( [Windows x86 executable installer])

So this particularly is the problem. The software involved (e.g. Anaconda) should be 32Bit.
Also, notice that Python Demo can only run at Python 3.5. I recently got exact the same issue, so here’s my way to solve it:

1. Reinstall all software needed with 32-Bit version
  2. Create a virtual environment using
    conda create - n {your envs name here} python=3.5 anaconda
  3. Install all the other packages needed, if necessary, by pip.

Connect your Dobot, wait for the green LED to light up and you should be ready to go!

I am using Pycharm with python 3.5.

I want to use dobot magician in a project where I have to sniff network packets with scapy.

Without scapy everything works fine.

But when I import anything from scapy (for example " from scapy.all import sniff") dobot magician stops working with a message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “E:/DelayLipSyncDAQ_V10-Pyt_35-32-Shark-Brez-MetricServer Database/Terminal_testing.py”, line 217, in
robotska_roka.connect_dobot()
File “E:\DelayLipSyncDAQ_V10-Pyt_35-32-Shark-Brez-MetricServer Database\Test_programs.py”, line 385, in connect_dobot
self.DobotM2 = dType.load()
File “E:\DelayLipSyncDAQ_V10-Pyt_35-32-Shark-Brez-MetricServer Database\DobotDllType.py”, line 458, in load
return CDLL(“DobotDll.dll”, RTLD_GLOBAL)
File “C:\Program Files (x86)\Python35-32\lib\ctypes_init_.py”, line 351, in init
self._handle = _dlopen(self._name, mode)
OSError: [WinError 193] %1 is not a valid Win32 application

I would really appreciate any help how to use dobot magician with scapy.

Greetings from Slovenia

Just to add: python 3.5 and pycharm are both 32bit versions.

I have also faced the same python error when running the robot control so please help me to fix it. I have also checked chrome keeps crashing where I got a bit solution regarding this.