Mooz User Manual & Firmware Updation

Hi, LabGecko. First of all, you must check the drive firmware fits your Mooz model(Mooz-1 and Mooz-2 is not a same drive firmware), then Format of the SD card or U disk must be FAT32, put the mainboard firmware in the root directly, insert the card or disk into the machine into the mainboard, power up and updating progress will be displayed on the touch pad.
If the above procesures don’t work for you, try rename MOOZ1V1.4.5 to MOOZ1V1.4.6 or MOOZ2V1.4.5.bin to MOOZ2V1.4.6.bin and try again.

Both the SDcard and USB drive support as implemented in mooz is based off the buggy keil arm-mdk implementation.

The SDCard in the TFT isn’t usable as a result either - normally it is on other stm32 based printers as it’s the main place for development firmware to load from. I don’t know what they did with it in the mooz but it ain’t right.

I get a 3/9 success rate when using a micro-sd. My successrate with USB sticks has been lower and I’ve stopped using them.

Coupled with the baddly implemented cheap ch340 serial interface they used (rather than use inbuilt stlink/stm32 serial - which makes 0 sense to me) and the old/hackedup marline gcode flavour they used makes getting stuff on or off the unit a chore.

Hello all,

has anyone found any higher firmware for MOOZ2 than 1.4.5? And 1.1.0 for Touchpad? (I own a MOOZ2 without wifi) On the official site (for Dobot.cc I can only find versions of the files above… but one of the supportagents tells me there are newer versions ‘on the downloadspage’ … am I visiting the wrong page for a year already, looking for updates?

thank you in advance!
Matt

Hi, I change the name from MOOZ2V1.4.5 to MOOZ2V1.4.6 and now when power on, it freeze in the main page and only enter to software when tough the screen, but no command work in the pad, and the printer head have no light on, there is a way to reset firmware to original state?

Now the Mooz2 is totally nonfunctional

Hello everyone, I have a Mooz2 (no wifi) updated to v1.4.5 for the mainboard and v1.1.0 for the LCD following the instructions and your suggestions (eg. name change). It seems nothing changed in the interface. I still cannot see any 3-point levelling options. Any help please?

Has anyone managed to solve the issue or to get an answer from the customer service?

I just updated to the latest firmware for my Mooz 2. The new manual shows the menu items on the touchpad have been updated but I’m not seeing any change to my interface from when I first bought it with the kickstarter. I updated both the motherboard and touchscreen firmware.

It does not work. Sd card updated my toucpad but I have not updated mainboard. It sayd flass overtime and it does not show any progress.

Hey man I can not update my dobot mooz3