J1 & Unlock Malfunction

I just setup the arm and its J1 joint is not rotating–even I try to use the manual control. Also when I press the unlock button, the arm joints are still locked in. I think the arm might have been damaged during shipping. There is a glass panel that has been shattered as well.

Sorry for this problem.About J1 and J4, unlock button, we wanna to know about about the sensor data on your PC. When you release the button at different positions, will it update the values on your PC?
And try to check your forearm and rear arm cable inside the arm shell here:

See if they got loose or not. Try to unplug and replug it ,make sure it is properly connected.

I just tried unplugging and then plugging them back in. Still no movement.

The values on joint 1 are being updated/changed, but there is no movement on the arm.
https://youtu.be/IBDvzIaiSTQ

I’m having the same problem shown in the video. I’ve checked the forearm and rear arm cables and the connections are secure.

The same problem? When you release the unlock button, will the angle values on your PC being updated?

I think the problem might be the motor plug inside the base is loose or the pins of the plug are not well welded. You can send an email to support@dobot.cc so we can help you guys to solve this problem.

Yeah, it’s the same problem. Here is a video of the malfunction. We have also contacted your support team.

Thanks!

Hello Morning! I just have an idea, do you have the ability to disassemble the base to check the motor driver? I mean you can plug Joint1 motor to Joint2 or Joint3, see if the motor is dead or not. Also you can try to switch the motor cable with another one, so we can know which one of them is dead, the control board, the motor itself or the motor cable.

First check the Unlock button plug, make sure it is secured. And then try to plug Joint1 motor to Joint2 connector, power on and see if joint1 can be locked or not. If joint 1 works fine in joint2 connector, then the control board might be dead, we can send you a replacement. And if you don’t want to do that, tell us and we can help you to replace the whole Dobot arm.

We also encountered the same problem.
The motor driver output of the main board was short-circuited and there was no conduction of the power coil “L”.
Restored by moving the motor driver and “L” from the other.
Bought two units, and both units had the same trouble with the initial operation.
for your information··.

推薦+賴tbbb789小弟最近約到一個爆乳髮廊老闆娘麗麗射到飽全程口爆內射後門奶推油壓超大尺度就怕你不爽