Firmware causing Mooz 3 not to work?

Hey there,

So initially my Mooz 3 started quitting mid print, I went to go through the Zero-ing process again and the nozzle would travel down to just above the first zero point. When I go to press the Z decrement button, nothing happens. When I press the Z increment button, the numbers disappear. I rebooted and retried. Same thing every time.

Now I go to install the new firmware (the Mooz3 firmware uploaded to the download site on 05-04-18. It was downloaded as a .rar file and I changed the name to “MOOZ3V1.4.5.rar” and go to install it. The screen said it found a newer version and updated. It successfully downloaded, then froze on the “starting” screen. I go to reboot it and it’s always on the “starting” screen unless I touch it. Then it displays everything like normal, BUT nothing works. There’s no communication between the screen and the printer at all. I tried to update the latest firmware for the screen, but got a 9600 baud error, no file detected.

Please help, at this point the MOOZ 3 is completely unfunctional

So I just realized the download .rar is a zipped file that need to be unzipped with specific apps. I extracted a .bin file that I applied to the 3D printer and it worked.

This now brings it back to doing the same thing where the nozzle lowers to the first zeroing point but when going to lower the Z axis more it does not register, and when I go to raise the z axis from the initial first zeroing point the number for the Z axis disappears completely and nothing else happens.