Cannot connect dobot to Macbook pro

Hi, although I followed and installed the newest version of DobotStudio V1.6.7 and the drivers CH34x as well as CPV, I still cannot connect the Dobot magician with my Macbook pro, ios 10.15. There is an error pop-up “Please connect to the Dobot first!” appeared. I have tried to change the cable and the Dobot but nothing is improved. Can anyone have some suggestion to solve this problem? Thanks in advance!

Make sure that the USB is plugged into your machine and computer, and that the driver installation is critical. Will the com port appear in the upper left corner of the software?

Hi Daniel

After trying everything possible, I am not able to open the installed Dobot app on my MacBook Air (version 10.15.4).
Also, after installing the CH34x server and restarting my computer, I cannot find the server. So probably the installation was not successful.

Please feel free to help me out of this problem/ these problems.

Thank you!

Dear Gluon,
I am trying to feedback this question with the Dobot research team. They told me that they will optimize and update the Mac version of dobotstudio in the near future, and it should be able to solve this problem.

I have Mac and I could connect no problem.
Look if Dubot app shows in application folder.

If so , the click Dubot app while holding Shift key. If that does not work go to preferences-> Privacy and Security -> General

See if Dubot shows there and start it from here.

You shouldn’t install any driver (including WCH official one) on Mojave 10.14 or later.

Copied from https://github.com/adrianmihalko/ch340g-ch34g-ch34x-mac-os-x-driver

Do not install if you have the current macOS Mojave 10.14 or later. macOS Mojave 10.14 (released in October 2018) includes a CH34x driver by Apple. If both Apple’s and the OEM driver are installed, they will create conflicting non-functional serial ports. Steps 1 to 3 below can be useful to remove the conflicting OEM drivers.

1. Unplug any CH34* devices.
  2. Unload the old drivers if running:
  • sudo kextunload /Library/Extensions/usbserial.kext
  • sudo kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/usb.kext
  1. Remove the old driver by issuing one of the following commands (depending on your installation):
  • sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/usb.kext
  • sudo rm -rf /Library/Extensions/usbserial.kext