WiFi module connection help

Hi, me and my son are trying to connect our Magician to the WiFi, we read and followed the included manual however, it doesnt seem to be working correctly. We are at the stage were we are supposed to write in the IP-adress, which we have done. Help would be much obliged.

/Leo

Hello Leo,

so I have entered the following values, of course da module must be connected and the connection to the Dobot must be connected via USB.

Then you have to enter the WLAN name of the 2.4Ghz access as described in the picture and the corresponding password below.

The Netmask and the value for DNS I took from the description. (see picture)

WLAN%20Einstellungen

Afterwards confirm on OK, then the connection over the USB cable “Disconnect” and wait a moment, then the following should appear when calling the interfaces with possibly another address which your router assigns (see picture)

Zugang%20%C3%BCber%20WLAN%20wird%20angezeigt

greetings skink

P.S. This is for Dobot Studio version 1.9.4 if you want to control the robot arm without cable over the wifi network. If you want to control the robot via the cell phone does not work with this module but this is described here in the forum: “Magician : Bluetooth with HC-05 works perfectly” I have ordered this module at Aliexpress and can now control the robot arm via the cell phone Android!!

Hey there,
I try connecting to my Dobot Magician by using the WiFi Module.

I enter the SSID and Password into the GUI and hit apply, and it connects. The green light of the WiFi Module turns on, and I am able to use the WiFi-Module IP-Address to access the Webpage of the WiFi-Module.

So far so good, but

• Every time I connect the Dobot with the WiFi Module the Dobot state LED turns RED and my USB connection is automatically canceled

• The physical connection via USB no longer works until I unplug the WiFi Module - this can’t be normal, right?

• The IP-Address of the WiFi Module does not appear in Dobot Studio (v 1.9.4). So I am unable to connect via WiFi.

• The Dobot error (RED LED) is cleared after unplugging the WiFi Module and hitting the reset button.

Please help me with this issue.

Best regards
Marcel

Hey,

does anybody know if this is possible via DobotLab too?

best regards,
Vivien