Unsuccessful first print, no filament extruding during print, clicking

I reached out to support for this, but thought to try here on the community. I just setup Mooz 2 this weekend and followed printed manual to set 0 position and tried my first print. I’m using the files models included on the on the download site (3D_Dorus, 3D_GreatWall, …) The filament is not extruding during print…I only hear clicking as it is trying to feed the filament. I am able to manually extrude filament following the instructions.

Hmm…

So just to make sure I understand, when you use the E-down arrow button, you can extrude until melted filament comes out the hot end before the print, right? But then when you print, nothing happens, it just clicks?

Clicking is usually a sign that there’s a clog, or the teeth of the extruder for some reason can’t push the material through. If you can get filament out before the print, then it would seem you don’t have a clog, so that’s confusing.

What filament? The one that came with it?

Does the zero point seem to be correct? The nozzle gets down almost touching the bed (but not quite)? Does the head move around, but nothing comes out as it clicks?

If you could take a video and share it, that would be helpful, maybe?

I’m using the filament that came with the printer. It may be a clog, so I’ll investigate further and watch the videos provided.

Una Tao provided some instructions on Facebook for me. I followed the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B72t4hJ15Xs&index=6… and was able to get the jamming / clogging fixed and print Dorus. The design of the housing / extruder was different, so maybe the video was made with an earlier or later model? I hope not too many other people have to do this on the first day they unbox their new printer. But, I do appreciate the fact that Una responded and provided the videos.

Your nozzle is to close to the bed and it does not let the plastic to be extruded. Re- calibrate the height of the nozzle

Hi @keosl, I had posted earlier that I received some help through Una Tao via Facebook. I had to disassemble the print head and unjam it. Not really a great experience the first time using Mooz, but it seemed to work, at least for a couple of prints. But, I will keep your suggestion in mind if it happens in the future.

How often do you re-calibrate?

Is not hard ; every time I change heads I calibrate it. I tried a few times because I was getting the same noise, and I finally got it tuned and my nozzle clearance from the heat bed is about slightly less than a millimeter