Suggestion for Dobot CR communication to PLC or HMI

I currently have a project were I must program a DOBOT CR5, the dobot has a cognex camera as an end effector. I am not bothered with the movements. I need advise for how the dobot will speak to the plc or HMI(don’t know if that is the correct word). the robot will wait till a part is in position then will move to position to take a photo and move to other position to take more photos and so on.

I am new to dobot, i have kuka programming experience. I have opened the github TCP protocol but i have not worked with this before. I see that on the DOBOT download center there is an SDK and when i try to research on that I’m at a lost because there are no download options but when i read other comments people say the are using SDK V… . Could you please suggest where i should start my research?

Connect PLC via ModebusTCP

im struggling with that, do you have any documents for this?
i already read through the “Modbus Remote IO Module
User Guide” is the only way for Dobot to communicate through Modbus using Ethernet remote I/O module?

Hello Renier,

The Dobot manual does not explain how to communicate via the Modbus TCP/IP protocol. You have to leave the robot in modbus remote mode and then make a TCP/IP CLIENT block in TIA PORTAL. I leave you a video of how to configure it. It is in Spanish but you can find more info.

(12) MB CLIENT TIA Portal​:white_check_mark: :arrow_forward: Cómo usar Modbus TCP/IP Client en Siemens (TUTORIAL en ESPAÑOL) :fire::rocket: - YouTube

https://www.eurobots.net/cobots-en.html