Suctioncup is blowing air out

Hello,

after changing the 3D Printing Firmware of my Dobot Magician from RepetierHost-V4.6.0 to the Dobot Firmware “Dobot-V3.6.10” the compressor for gripper and suctioncup is always blowing air out.

It doesn’t matter, which end effector is selected.
It is always blowing air out.

So the suctioncup isn’t working and the gripper is only working one way :o(

All cables are at the right place.
I have pressed the reset-button at the Dobot and reinstalled the firmware several times.

How can I fix this?

Best Regards
Michael

Suction cup only blows air and does not suck after firmware 3.6.10

If the air pump is only blowing air, it may be a wiring problem. Inhale air only when the GP1 is properly connected to the suction cup, otherwise it will blow. Please check the wiring.

Dear Daniel,

thanks for your message. All wires are in the right place - I checked this several times.

The suctioncup wire is in slot 1 (GP3) and the air pump wires are in GP1 and SW1.
How ever, it does always blows air.

Best Regards
Michael

Same issue for me, I resolved by swapping the wire into the GP2 port. This gave full functionality on both suction and gripper. GP just blows. Guess it was mis-wired in manufacturing?

What GP2 ? suction cup does not use GP2

GP2 port is working for me. I have only tested the suction cup, not the gripper.

No - it worked fine with the firmware preinstalled on the Magician. The error appears first time after updating to Version 3.6.10 - But I don’t know which version was preinstalled.

Are you using a macOS or windows for the studio? Im thinking of trying via windows. Also I can seem to get controller working via com port.

I have two units… one suction cup works as intended, the other seems to have a fault within the unit itself. More than likely, a manufacturing fault. Has anyone taken one of these apart to examine? And is there a wiring diagram / schematic that I could use to diagnose? I’d like to try and fix what I have first before taking it back to the store where I purchased it. Any ideas would be helpful.

Cheers