No communication with dobot after firmware upgrade

Hi,

Since we received the dobot MG400 I haven’t been able to connect to it through the web server or DobotStudio2020 software due to they keep “Searching” and if I press on “Manually Add” it only appears M1 model.

I was able to connect through DobotSCStudio so to try to solve this problem I took advantage to use the existing tool on it to upgrade the firmware to version 3.4.6.4 (.tar.gz file), but after doing the upgrade I am not longer able to connect to the robot with any software at all, but I can ping it and access to its folder seeing all the projects inside.
The LED keeps blinking in white and if I press the button to unlock the motors nothing happens.

I have also tried to update the robot through USB but my PC doesn’t recognize it and DobotDownloadUtil does nothing.

How would it be possible to upgrade the firmware again or do a factory reset?

Thanks

Hi T1000, for condition like this, please contact us via support@dobot.cc and we will help you via email

Hi there,

I am experiencing a very similar problem. After kernel and firmware update the robot is not responsive beyond pinging it. After startup it is stuck in blinking white.

I tried to update the firmware of our second MG400. My goal is to get the TCP/IP protocol running. (On our first MG400 I could accomplished that via firmware update successfully.)

Therefore I first executed the system kernel upgrade “System_update_0713_MG400” from the 1.5.8 forum release note. Which showed “SUCCESS!” in big ASCII art letters.

After that I executed the “ClickMe” file in "MagicianPro_Controller_1.6.0.0“ release which also showed success.

Then I restarted the controller and it is stuck in blinking white, no other reaction. Pinging works but I am not able to set a socket connection.

I contacted above support email address, but no response so far. Please assist me, thank you! This project is very time critical.

Thank you

Hi,
First I would look for the guide to connect to the robot. If it doesn’t work then I would download a different DobotSCStudio and try to connect again to the dobot (I used the 2.2.0 stable).
Finally, if nothing works, in my case the Dobot engineer had to remote my PC and upgrade the firmware using special tools.

I hope this helps.
Regards

Hi T1000, thanks for the reply and advise!
I did resend my request to the support email stated on the official website. Their original response bounced back because of the attachments.

The resolution in the end was, that reading the error messages, the upgrade script failed to copy and/or unpack the content that was supposed to go in the “/dobot/bin/” folder on the MG400. Namely “bin”, “package”, “system”? and “userdata”. Ref. to error message “can’t open ‘/dobot/bin/dobot.sh’” below. So I unpacked and ssh/scp copied them over manually from the firmware update zip (credentials to be found in the update script). After executing the “ClickMe” update script again, the robot was running normally and I could connect again via Dobot Studio (Pro).

Note: that M1Pro “detection” and the prompt to reboot are faulty follow-ups because of the missing dobot.sh and linked content.