Here is what the Mac System Information says about the Dobot:
Product ID: 0x7523
Vendor ID: 0x1a86
Version: 2.54
Speed: Up to 12 Mb/sec
Location ID: 0x14600000 / 13
Current Available (mA): 500
Extra Operating Current (mA): 0

Turned on the Dobot Magician, get a good green status light, run software DobotStudio-V1.4.12

Am presented with an error dialog box … error message is “Please connect to the Dobot first!”

I have tried different computers, different USB cables.

So … I decided to try the game controller …

I connected the USB Host, left the game controller to charge overnight. Turn on the Dobot and the USB Host shows a solid blue and a solid green light. The YouTube video I found says to turn on the controller by holding down the Home and “A” buttons at the same time. My controller (the one that came with the kit) does not have a Home button … Back, Turbo, Clear, and Start. I have tried all of these but the controller will not power on.

Not sure what else to try … HELP! Thanks!!

sbb

YouTube Video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9P_UTHrszeM

OK, I figured out the game controller … I didn’t realize the brand sticker at the top on the front was a button … isn’t labeled “Home” and just looks like a sticker, doesn’t look like a button. But once found I got the controller turned on and it is moving the Dobot.

OK … breakthrough. I found the user manual!! now I have all functions working with the game controller.

I was able to connect my iPad to the dobot using the dobot-magician app. Looks like all it is for is drawing with either a pen or the laser engraver. I found a second app called dobot but this app will not connect to the magician.

Still can’t get the dobot to communicate with my MacBook Pro. Any help greatly appreciated!!

OK, well now I have found the device driver install app hidden in the download folder. I HAVE CONNECTIVITY!!

Hello sburchill,

thanks for that greate tipps :wink:

Hello,

for everybody with the mac / macbook installation problem of dobotstudio

unpack the folder

in Attachment — driver — please install the ch34… extra…

Thanks…

I can not connect Dobot Magician to MacBook 10.12.6 (Sierra)