Mooz User Manual & Firmware Updation

Hello,

Thank you for supporting Mooz, the latest User Manuals & Firmwares & Softwares will
be updated here.

Download link: https://www.dobot.cc/downloadcenter/dobot-mooz.html#most-download

下载地址: https://cn.dobot.cc/downloadcenter/dobot-mooz.html#most-download

Lists

1——User manuals…用户使用说明书
2——Mainboard Firmware…主板固件
3——Touchpad Firmware…触摸屏固件
4——MoozStudio (CNC and Laser slice software) …MoozStudio (CNC和激光雕刻切片软件)
5——Ready to use test files…可直接使用的测试文件
6——Cura 3.1.0…Cura3.1.0 3D打印切片软件

So my Mooz arrived with a 2.x.x Firmware, but the newest one is 1.3.9. 1.3.9 will not overwrite the 2.x.
Has Mooz made a new 1.3.9 which will work yet?

1.3.9 is the latest, 3-point leveling and heigt detect protection is supported. You can check the updates on KS to download the firmware and user manual. Are you sure 1.3.9 will not overwrite 2.x.? In this case, you can rename the firmware “MOOZ1V1.3.9” to solve the problem.

Cura configuration file download

Thanks
The file is already named MOOZ2V1.3.9.bin, going to try using 1.1.0 then 1.3.9 since 1.1 did overwrite 2.x before. (Its for an M2)
edit: 1.1.0 failed to update 2.3.0, “No need to update” message, same as 1.3.9.

tried renaming it 2.3.1?

Has the problem been solved or not?

Renaming 1.3.9 as 2.3.1 worked, machine says it has 2.3.1 now so if the next firmware is <2.3.1 I just rename it to 2.3.2 etc?

Sunger,

Could we have a change list to see what has been changed in the firmware updates? This would help isolate bugs /issues etc.

Yes, that will work. To comfirm whethe it is the right firmware, try enter leveling mode to see whether leveling function is avaliable. Refer to the user manual for instructions.

So, I have a MOOZ 1 and cannot get any firmware update to happen. Have loaded both the firmware and the control interface upgrade to a 8G USB, inserted it and turned the machine on. Doesn’t update. Does the update have to be via the SD interface to work. Also, haven’t found any way to see what firmware this unit came with. Are there some hidden buttons somewhere?

There is no checksum on the files. It just parses the number and if there is a higher one on the SDCard flashes it.

on the handset when first booting it will flash the last version number it installed.

i.e 1.3.9

etc

All you have to do to force a reflash is to bump the version number in the filename to one higher than reported (this is horid that this is possible)

i.e rename

p, li { white-space: pre-wrap; }

MOOZ2V1.4.5.bin to

MOOZ2V1.4.6.bin

or something appropriately higher to force a flash.

Same goes for the .tft version for the handset firmware (this must be inserted directly into the handset sdslot on the side).

None of this is documented anywhere.

Have noted the lack of documentation. That’s is a disappointment. There were indications of that thru out the kickstarter campaign too.
If there’s a version number that shows as this MOOZ1 starts, it appears it’s in Chinese. Hence, can’t read it. Have tried renaming the files up several single digits up without any update. so stepped up the entire v # by several digits…all to no avail.
Might you know if has to be on an SD card to do an update. I’m loading from a USB drive as I haven’t found my SD reader writer. Yet, the USB isn’t reading the update. Too many failed prints too. And my wife is griping about the noise it makes as the actuators work.

Yes needs to be on microsd not usb from my experience fat32 formated.

You can also update via USB stick.

USB stick isn’t working.

Format of the SD card or U disk must be FAT32, put the mainboard firmware in the root directly, insert the card or disk into the machine into the mainboard, power up and updating progress will be displayed on the touch pad.
If the above procesures don’t work for you, try rename MOOZ1V1.4.5 to MOOZ1V1.4.6 or MOOZ2V1.4.5 and try again.

Format of the SD card or U disk must be FAT32, put the mainboard firmware in the root directly, insert the card or disk into the machine into the mainboard, power up and updating progress will be displayed on the touch pad.
If the above procesures don’t work for you, try rename MOOZ1V1.4.5 to MOOZ1V1.4.6 or MOOZ2V1.4.5 and try again.

am using a FAT32 formatted U Disk with just the MOOZ1V1.4.5.bin file renamed to MOOZ1V1.4.6.bin on it at the root. Inserted into the USB port and turn on the unit, it just read the USB and starts. Does not do the update.
Have a SD card reader/writer coming, to try use the SD card interface, yet that will be after I get it. Am hoping that will work when the USB doesn’t.

Having the same issue. Can’t print or update anything because Mooz ignores anything on my SanDisk 4GB USB thumb drive. Printer is powered off, I insert the USB, turn printer on, it acts like reading then starts as if USB is not plugged in.