Mooz-2 not remembering 0 point and colliding with heat bed

Having a weird issue where the 3D printer head keeps colliding with the heated bed even after saving the zero point. It doesn’t seem to save it after it’s been turned off like the manual says it does. I’ve successfully print a model once but when I tried to do it again with the same model the head gouged the heating bed. Firmware is up to date. I am currently afraid to use it again for fear of it damaging the heating bed any further.

Yeah - I’ve asked about clearing Flash/etc getting board schematics so can flash a community firmware etc.

I rezero every power Cycle. Both bed 3 point style, and Z; because despite what others have said - whatever routine is used to write the positioning info emmc/spi flash etc isn’t being honored after a power cycle.

Looks like I’m not the only one with this problem. I set the zero point, the tried to print something. The head gouged the surface pretty bad. I stopped it once I saw the problem, but the damage was done. The zero point problem sorted itself out after I updated the firmware to 1.4.5.

I saw the extra pad in the box, and so once I had the zero point set, I decided to change the top, BIG MISTAKE! What I thought was a replaceable top was actually the heat plate itself. When it came loose the wires popped off to my horror. I’ve managed to resolder the wires back onto the heat plate and stick it back down. It seems to be working, but I’m not sure it’s right. I’ll fiddle with it more tomorrow and see if I need to order another heat plate. :worried: