Magician. Invalid home function, red Light, cracking sound

Hello fellow members, a few days back, I was activating home run from Dobot Studio in Playback mode, and the arm tried pull back itself into such a position where it was just giving cracking sounds (further back then the root). I turned it of as soon as I could.

After that I tried Studio / settings / calibration, same result (arm going back so much that it just gives cracking sound). Then i lengthened the arm manually as much it was still green the light, tried it again, same result.

After these episodes, the LED was constant red. I pressed the reset button, it turned green, but then, as soon as I set the arm into ANY new position manually (by pressing the button on the arm) the LED turns yellow.

Later i tried Repetier Host, and weirdly, the manual operation functions are just not working, when i try to move the Z axis, the arm moves on the Y.

Do I need to send back this unit, or can we solve this via remote help

I am facing the same issue. Could tech support resolve this please?

First make sure the machine is not damaged by hardware. Try updating the firmware again.

Hi Daniel,
Thank you for replying. It looks like the hardware is damaged. We bought 2 dobots less than a year ago. The second one came up with new hardware and it has no issues. I have tried updating the firmware and the result was the same. The Dobot makes a cracking sound when I tried changing the Z position (Issue arises when the Z reaches to 140mm). Is the failed Dobot covered under warranty? please let me know.

Thanks,
john

Hello, within one year warranty, you can contact your dealer or email support@dobot.cc

Thank you Daniel, I appreciate your response.