Kickstarter Mooz-2 (non-wifi) won't update firmware, can't use replacement 3d print head

When I put the firmware files on an 8gb FAT32 SDcard, they don’t seem to do anything. I get the same exact UI even after trying to apply the touchpad update. I get a very rapid message saying something about the mainboard firmware level that matches the firmware file i put on it, but no progress % or anything indicating that it is updating. [edit] i just did it again and it actually says ‘no need to update!’. I figured out how to update the trackpad by using the SD card slot in it, but the UI doesn’t look like the one in the manual and my new print head doesn’t work! [/edit]

I wrecked my 3d print head and recently purchased a replacement, this replacement must have features my mainboard won’t support because the green light won’t stay on and I cannot move any of the steppers or print anything. This sucks!

at0m, yes, I’m experiencing the same: I’ve updated the mainboard and get confirmation of as much, and have also ‘successfully’ updated the touchpad.

But, the UI on the updated (??) touchpad do not mach the UI shown in the latest manuals. I am still using my original Kickstarter 3d print head, but what you report is not good.

Let’s get some answers to:

1. how can we confirm that the correct 1.1 firmware is installed on touchpad. restarting machine happily keep reinstalling the same 1.1 firmware, with no confirmation it was done so.
  2. Why is the latest manual so different from the UI at0m and I are seeing on the touch pad?
  3. Will at0m get his new 3d print head working??

Thanks, Mike

The original version of the mooz touchpad did not provide upgrades because there is no memory card slot on the touchpad. There is a memory card slot on the improved touchpad.
The new manual is an updated UI interface, so it will be different from the original version. Even if it is not upgraded, it will not affect the normal use of mooz.