[IMP] Dobot 1.0 Major Release

Hi Dobot Users,

We’ve been improving Dobot ever since our Kickstarter campaign, which has never stopped. And now everything’s ready, and a complete, stable source code of Dobot 1.0 is open for download.

With full control of the robotic arm, you can now modify your Dobot in a more fundamental way!

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-h6JvGEL5CkVnFRbm1IclI3eVk/view?usp=sharing

Notice: Dobot 1.0 source code is released under license: LGPL v2.1(GNU Lesser General Public License v2.1)

Dobot source code description
Copyright © 2016 Shenzhen Yuejiang Technology Co., Ltd
This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2.1 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This library is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU Lesser General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU Lesser General Public License along with this library; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA

Dobot Source Code - Compilation and Updating Firmware
Dobot position sensor reference seems to be floating?

When I tried to compile and use this new source code (Arduino sketch) it would not fully upload to the mega 2560 (gets to about 98%) using the latest Arduino IDE (1.6.12). I was able to get it to work by searching for, and replacing any instances of three exclamation marks in a row (of which there are many in the debug messages). In the IDE I did a global find and replace (replacing “!!”" with “!?”). Having three exclamation marks in a row is apparently a bug in the Arduino IDE (or avrdude.exe uploader). Hope this saves someone else some time.

Hey dallaent

Are you connecting the mega 2560 the same way that Dobot displayed in the ‘Dobot for Second Developmet’ post? (Using the bluetooth plugs and connecting to TX1 RX2). Or are you connecting right into the inbuilt board?

What kind of application have you been able to implement so far using this code in terms of movement? I’ve only just had a look at it today and I don’t know where to start.

Any information would be so appreciated.

Hello milhau5,
For now, I am using the USB cable that plugs into the mega 2560 board inside the control box. Unfortunately, the documentation for this robotic arm is so poor that it makes it extremely difficult to use. And multiple request for the API software download or any other answers to questions left on the dobot web site go unanswered. Which is a shame. Mechanically and electrically it is a very good robotic arm. But without good documentation, sample code, and customer support, they have little chance of success. So I have been left with the more difficult task of using a serial port sniffer while operating the arm (with the dobot application1.1.1 execuatable) in order to learn how to control the device. This together with the protocol document give me some clue as to how to operate the arm in a way that I need it to perform. I plan on using the “Second Development” approach soon but will be using an arduino with a wifi connection to drive the mega 2560’s serial port. I can provide further details if you email me at fb"at"dellaenterprises.com. (replacing the “at” with the @ character…

I have been able to download this code, compile it and upload it to the mega 2560 board inside dobot arm 1.0. Then what?

How do I control it? Is there a sample code available? How do I move the robot even a single inch?