Howto!: Advanced 3 point Mesh/Bed Levelling

After much screwing around I figured out the issue about WHY the multi-point/mesh levelling procedure has never worked for me.

Step 1:

Remove any SD-Card/USB Storage and USB Connection to the printer

Step 2: Power on and go directly to the XYZ/Levelling Page on the touch pad

Step 3: Press the >0< button, level Z at the origin, press >0< again this will move the X

Step 4: Level Z at the X+120 position and press >0<

Step 5: Level Z at the X +120 that the head has moved too press >0< and the head should raise and re-home

The bug is that if any storage is inserted or a USB serial attached, then the 3 Point bed leveling procedure never instigates.

Again if we had the Source code we could enable proper Mesh leveling as in upstream Marlin which is 9 points and much better than the old 3 point used in the forked mooz 1.0.x version of marlin.

any thoughts on if my head unit doesn’t move at all no matter what buttons are pressed?

Hrm - what version of the mooz do you have?

I noticed the manual says nothing about the Z splitter - which you have to plug both z rails into and then into the single Z port on the baseboard… So I would start there.

Check you have the correct sockets plugged into the correct rail for Y Z

Is it just the X that is not moving? Try swapping it out (if you have a mooz2 then swap it with the 2nd Z rail).

I also noticed that the supplied DC PSU is only rated at 6A whereas the board components actually are 6.5A

My PSU block says 6.5A output…

I dont have it at hand so this is from memory but I’ve said 6.5a a few times now so I’m sure mine is.

Mine is definitely only 6A rated on the DC Switching PSU https://photos.app.goo.gl/w1dGfIUT9hMyMKrj1

I’m on holiday at the moment, I’ll double check mine on the 1st when im back home.