Heated bead issues

Hello Moooz team,
I am writing here hoping that i will get an answer because the e-mails are not working on your side.
My name is Ion and i have 2 big issues with the bed:

1. The top layer of the bed is making waves when is heated at 100C for ABS printing
  2. On of the 3 screw holes was not threaded in the factory, the hole is too large to accommodate the M3 screw so the front left side of the bed is unusable for printing.
    Below it is a youtube link showing the issue
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NAjFnoFRuE&feature=youtu.be

Please give a reply to the issues above.

Hi, Ion, I’m sorry to answer your question now. but I need to ask you a few questions.
Firsr of all, when is heated at 100C for ABS printing the top layer of the bed is making waves, what does the mean of waves, I didn’t saw the waves ?
Second, As for your second question, I don’t understand what you mean, what effect do you want to achieve, and what are the obstacles now?
Could you please reply me in detail, Thank you !

Hi, if you look in the video the surface

looks like _/_/_/_, where you have the tip of the thickness of the first 5-10 layers is very small because the distance between the nozzle and bed is small and the printer is making a lot of noise because the filament is pulled back. Where you have the “valley” the adhesion is bad because the melted plastic is barely touching the plastic. This has also influence on the leveling of the bed, measured about 0.5mm difference when leveling is done at room temperature and when the leveling is done at 90C.

The second

issue is that the hole diameter dh is larger than the screw diameter ds and the screw is so loose that it falls down. My guess is that the plastic nut from the bed was drilled with the wrong diameter, not to mention that the material choice for such assembly is is the best case wrong. the screw no 4 is the one i am talking about (front/left side)
let me know if the issues are now clear.

Best regards,
Ion

Hi, Ion, Now I know what you’re talking about. I want ask you, the 100C is the heat bed temperature if it is I suggest you decrease it to 60-70C, and You can check to see if the problem(bed is making waves)will be renewed.
In addtion, questions about screw holes, my CoWorker would solve problems for you. So I need your Email address. We will communicate with you by email !

I have the same issue, the bed is severely warped, it cups in the middle. This makes “waves” when 3d printing.

Hello,
I have done a test at 70C, the problem is still there, but the amplitude is lower, however i cant use such low temperature for ABS, it is OK for PLA, but the noise made by the extruder is still pushing the filament back.

gvi70000@gmail.com is my e-mail

Hi, gvi70000. i’m so sorry, Because this period of time is on the field trip, so I reply you now.
I have reflected this problem with the company’s r&d department and quality department co-worker. At room temperature, Will the hot bed have this problem ? And I need you to send me the serial number of the machine.
like this:

Please reply as soon as possible when you are free.Thank you very much!

Hi, mikenivato. Will the hot bed have this problem ? And I need you to send me the serial number of the machine.
like this:

Please reply as soon as possible when you are free.Thank you very much!

Hi, SN is MZ21-1712-1281

Hello all – so apparently I’m not alone. I have the exact same problems as mentioned above.

The heatbed starts severely buckling up in the middle when heated up. After I properly levelled the bed at room temperature and start a print in ABS, the nozzle will deposit filament to the left and right, but not in the middle section of the heated bed (extruder “clicks”, i.e. can’t extrude filament because it’s too close to the bed) . At the second and third layer (0.2mm steps) it gets better.
This is noticable but managable at around 60 °C, pretty bad at 90-100 °C. I quickly found that the printer wasn’t (and isn’t) really usable without printing a raft EVERY time. At least for me and for anything a bit larger than a small figurine.

The last time it was so bad that I wasn’t able to remove the print completely without damaging the print surface (photo). I’m right now using this opportunity to clean the heated bed and will try putting an aluminum or glass plate on top. Hope this will solve the problem.

However @Dobot/@Support000 I don’t think this should be necessary in the first place. Any recommendations?

Interesting - I print PLA and have no issues, I wonder if the buckling problems happen at ABS’ higher temperatures? My bed is usually at 70C - what are others printing at? Maybe that pad isn’t really good for higher temps?

With PLA the issue is still there but i can live with it, unfortunately for my use PLA is not a good material.
ABS is the main material that i use, PLA is just for fun and parts that you use inside the house.

Hi, Ion, I will give you a mailbox,This mailbox is mainly responsible for the problem of overseas client about Mooz. you need send your problem and the video that can play normally to him, He will deal with your problem as soon as possible.
Email: mooz@dobot.cc
Best regards !

Hi, AlphaCharlieKilo, I will give you a mailbox, This mailbox is mainly responsible for the problem of overseas client about Mooz. you need send your problem and the video that can play normally to him, He will deal with your problem as soon as possible.
Email: mooz@dobot.cc
Best regards !

Hi,
to mooz@dobot.cc I have sent a lot of e-mails with images and links to videos, but they do not reply to e-mails, this is a dead end.
Can you tell me why i have to send an e-mail to them describing the issues one more time? Please don’t tell me that they don’t have access to this page.
Can you tell me if youtube is accessible for mooz@dobot.cc?
Can you tell me if https://www.facebook.com/groups/242934739571669/ is accessible for mooz@dobot.cc?
Do you have a site where videos can be uploaded and view by the support team?
This is taking too long to solve and i feel like a ping pong ball, contact mooz@dobot.cc then contact the customer support then contact Facebook group and so on, upload video here, upload video there

This is not acceptable any more, because is a manufacturing (maybe also design) fault and the device is new, i expect that the bed will be covered by warranty and replaced free of charge.

You can easily solve the problem to consult with the support team of outlook technical support. They will provide the exact solution of this problem.

Solved my problem and made a short tutorial how to fix it myFix