Filament Overflow within Nozzle Head

Hi there. We’ve been having an issue with the 3D printing nozzle for the Mooz 1 & 2. The filament will overflow, coating the inside and outside of the nozzle, and into the main head for 3D printing. When this happens, tons of filament pours out rapidly, which then becomes solid, leaving huge clumps on our projects. What is the best way to prevent this? And what is the best way to clean off the solidified filament overflow from the nozzle and interior of the printing head?

Hey sassypumpkin

I had very much the same issue. Problem stems from the interface between the nozzle and the heatblock it screws into. It appears that the tolerance on the threads dont really match which leaves a gap for liquid plastic to flow through. out of the factory it seems the nozzles arent tightened all the way, which causes the issues for us.

To clean off the plastic, simply dismantle the printer head, and then plug all the wires back in once you have it disassembled infront of you, let the nozzle heat up and eventually it will melt some of the plastic meaning you can peel it off. Then its a matter of heating, then scraping, and heating, and scraping until its clean.

I got a replacement printer head sent to me, and it has exactly the same issue as my original print head. I tightened the nozzle with pliers and theres still an overflow. Dobot is quiet on this front unfortunately.

Same problem here, I can see filament clogged inside the head.

What solutions are provided?