DobotStudio does not enable enough power for the laser engraving

I’m trying to do laser engraving with Dobot Magician through DobotStudion software. All seems to be fine but the laser power is not enough to burn the material. I can set the laser power between 0 and 100 in the interface but even at the max value the light is not high enough to form a good focal point to burn any material.
So how can I increase the laser power above 100 to like 500mW as it is the actual laser max power?
NOTE: The laser is well focused but the strength of the light seems like it is about 10-20% of the whole laser power capabilities at max setting in studio software.

Have you tried to rotate the head of the laser to highly focus it? Or do you have a video about this?

It was working fine before with studio as well as GRBL software. I engraved several images. Also I played with gcode and the the laser power so I know what low laser power is and how to focus the laser. After the last firmware update it does not work well anymore (Firmware 2.4.6). Your site does not allow video upload so no video. Nothing different then the images anyway.

You mean after updating the firmware? So how about switching back to the old firmware 2.4.4, give me your email and I’ll send it to you.

I tried the old firmware and it didn’t help. So I took my oscilloscope and measured Dobot PWM out it seems to be working fine. The Laser output from the little black box however is stuck around 5V when the laser is powered and it does not change in respect to the PWM value. I can’t find the Laser supply voltage but I assume it is supposed to be 12V for max power?

The max power is 6V so I think 5V is normal. I think the laser head is defective, please send an email to support@dobot.cc to replace it.

My Dobot is having the same problem.

My Dobot is having the same problem.

I have the same problem. It worked fine in the beginning, but after just a few laser-work it lost power.
I tested on the brown paper that followed the Dobot Magician. Checked that the latest firmware is installed. Have even been into settings and set Default-settings. But nothing seems to help. Have also re-installed the software.
I will have to send an request to support@dobot.cc

Hello,

i had the same problem. In my case, i only had to clean the laser lens…