Dobot under iOS app

Dobot controlled by iOS Dobot App on iPad

https://youtu.be/1wqLUPjt5ds

Lots of fiddling to get it to work, I don’t know what made it work
Worked for a bit — arm took a dive
then bunch of fiddling and got it working and made video
Don’t know what arrows is upper right do?
Gripper open close doesn’t seem to work

About on par for poor Dobot operation

the upper arrows rotates the gripper, you need to keep pressing it to make it rotate.
And as for the bar bellow, it controls the gripper, but not sure why it is not moving, we will make a test regarding on the gripper.

If you follow the latest instruction to upgrade the Bluetooth module to 9600 BAUD and the arduino frimware to 1.1 version, the delay reduces a little bit. And the iOS is upgrading now.

good vedio through :slight_smile:

Thankyou for mentioning this :smiley: i had not seen this before now !

In regards to the app, is it possible to change which slider does which function? It makes more intuitive sense to have the dlider across the bottom swing the arm back and forth, and the two vertical sliders move the vertical angles. The left slider would be joint two and the right, joint three when in angle mode.

For coordinate mode, again, z vertical slider on the right, y on the left, and X across the bottom. Also, if orientation is important, and it would be nice to be able to reverse the direction of X, dependent on whether one is in front of of behind the arm.
Just thoughts.

it is amazing app. Thanks for recording such a great video.

There has been some error with the iTunes could not backup the iPhone data and my data is at big risk. What steps shall I take to make the backup of the iPhone data safely and secured?