Dobot Magician runs into axis limits after homing

Hi all,

When I execute the Home command with Blockly in Dobot Studio, the Magician homes itself into an error state and cannot resume the next steps. I’ve linked a video:

I don’t understand why this happens. The only customization to this Magician is the way the gripper is attached which should not restrict the Magician’s ‘homing’ ability.
Is someone able to help me figure out what may be causing this and how it can be resolved?

Dobot Arm suddenly not working

After using the home function, the code can continue to execute step by step. In the video, the base indicator of the robot arm turns red, so it does not perform the next action. It is recommended that you replay the firmware and try again.

Hi, thank you for your reply.
So I’ll update the firmware and get back to you.

After reburning the firmware (Dobot-V3.6.12), the Magician still runs into the same error after homing.

The error log says:
[12:13:51][67]ERR_LIMIT_AXIS2_NEG alarm triggered
[12:13:51][73]ERR_LIMIT_AXIS23_NEG alarm triggered
[12:13:52][67]ERR_LIMIT_AXIS2_NEG alarm triggered
[12:13:52][73]ERR_LIMIT_AXIS23_NEG alarm triggered
[12:13:52][67]ERR_LIMIT_AXIS2_NEG alarm triggered
[12:13:52][73]ERR_LIMIT_AXIS23_NEG alarm triggered
… and so on

Does anyone have any advice or would this not pose a problem?

You need to try to reset the home location. The most ideal home position is (x220 y0 z-6.5 r0)

Thank you so much, that has fixed it!

Hi, I have the same problem. But, firmware update and set home position never solve it.
When I request HOME, arm is going to clockwise maximum then the arm comes up against the base with big noise around motors. I stop it immediately cause I’m afraid to break some thing.
Is there any procedure to reset it to factory settings?
Thank

Dear
If your magician firmware is correct, your magician motherboard may be damaged, you need to contact support@dobot.cc for the after-sales process.
With best wishes

I do have the same problem but neither those solution work instead

Hi

I do have the same problem but neither those solution work instead.
My dobot magican do not moved.
Connection is correct.