Dobot M1 wiring and connection

Hi!

I require your help regarding a problem I’m encountering.

I have a Dobot M1 (SN DT2118030991) purchased from RobotShop. I have 3 questions regarding the same:

** The wiring connection for the serial port connection to the extension line of RS232 interface has the following color convention right: Yellow wire in first slot; empty second slot; blue wire in the third slot and brown wire in the fourth slot. This convention is as per the user manual issue v 1.3.4
I have also attached the relevant screenshot of the connection as an attachment. My doubt has stemmed from the fact that the color convention is different in different versions of the user manual and also the wires were plugged in a different order when we received them

Q2. Similarly I need to verify the wire ordering for the emergency stop switch. Is it Yellow-Red-Blue-Brown?

Q3 My third question is : Can I have just a LAN connection without a serial port connection?

Troubleshooting steps already taken:
I have powered on the Dobot and installed M1Studio and connected the robot just over LAN. I’m unable to connect the PC to the robot probably because I don’t have the serial connection established due to the wiring confusion.

Thank you so much in advance for your help!

1.If there is any doubt about the color when connecting with the RS232 interface extension cable, you need to refer to the definition of each interface. The line label on each line is very clear, so you only need to correspond to the corresponding interface, instead of Color distinction.
2.Please refer to the wiring sequence of the emergency stop cable on the user guide, corresponding to the line label.
3.In fact, under normal circumstances we all use the lan connection, and the serial connection will be tried when the lan connection is not available. Because the serial connection cannot try offline operation.
For the first time, you need to use the router to dynamically assign ip to m1 (m1 and pc are connected to the router with network cable). Or connect through the serial port, modify the ip of m1, put m1 and pc under a network segment, and then use LAN connection.