Dobot integration with python 3.6.5

Hello everyone,
Currently i am working on dobot magician to integrate with python, i am struggling to communicated python due to unavailability proper doc. or SOP (step by step ), i am getting continuous error like

File “C:\Users\SGK297689\AppData\Local\Continuum\anaconda3\lib\ctypes_init_.py”, line 348, in init
self._handle = _dlopen(self._name, mode)

OSError: [WinError 193] %1 is not a valid Win32 application

please help me how to solve this

1. is dobot dll is comaptavle for python 3.6.5 (64 bit running on windows 7 )
  2. Where to add dlls file in python location.

we need urgent reply on this

Hi ,
You can find the dll file for x64 windows in Dobot Demo v2.0 . https://www.dobot.cc/downloadcenter.html?sub_cat=72#sub-download

DobotDllType.py has a function written for loading the dll file.
See demo1.py inside DobotDemoForPython to see how to control dobot magician using python.
I am using python 3.6 in linux ubuntu 18.04 . So I am guessing it should work for windows too.

hello,

thank you so much for your valuable reply, i fixed this issue by installing 32 bit python 3.5 in windows and its working fine. i think it may give problem for 64 bit OS as per my test results

Me too, I could’t make it work with x64 python in windows no matter what I did.
I installed 32bit Python in Windows and succeeded.
I cannot understand why they have ALL these files with dlls and stuff and there is no documentation on what to do.

Also, I am trying to make it work with Linux [Debian 10, x64, Python 3.7.3 in the beginning] and [Ubuntu 16.04, 32bit, Python 3.5.2 now] and I get the same error as everyone:
“OSError: loadLibrary: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory”
and still there is no specific answer from none in this forum!

Hi gioargyr,Sorry for the trouble.Please give me an email address, I will send you 64 bit python.
kind regards

Hello Daniel and thanks for the personalized reply,

My e-mail is gioargyrATgmail.com
What I really need right now is files and instructions that will make Linux work with Dobot Magician so that I can run Python scripts from a Linux machine.
I don’t have a preference on versions, but yes, if it is 64-bit it will be more than ok.

Kind regards,
Giorgos

Hello sandy,

I know it’s been a long time, and this question is a long shot, but can you explain to me how you managed running Python scripts and controlling Dobot Magician from a Linux machine?
Which exact files did you use?
I found both precompiled for Linux and source files (that maybe need compilation?) in the Dobot Demo v2.0, but I cannot make them work.

Giorgos

You may refer to this repository https://github.com/sandipan1/dobot_gym . You may find some files inside dobot_gym/utils/ useful