Dobot bowing 10mm

I teach my Dobot by setting X, Y, Z settings saving each to a row in teach matrix.
Upon playback after every command row
I get a 10mm -Z movement (the bow)
which I have NOT programmed in

What is this? Can it be fixed? How?

Dobottools_v1.1.0_20160315 DobotClient
latest Dobot firmware

:confounded:

One way to fix it Try to get dobot processing sketch working under Linux

So I have to load and learn Linux and python just to teach the Dobot
Sorry don’t have another lifetime to spare.

Perhaps in 4 or 5 years the developers will provide some good firmware / software?

perhaps :slight_smile:

just fyi - you can run python on any platform and open-dobot is under active development to provide drivers for gui integration. gui is also under active development. keep an eye on https://www.reddit.com/r/Dobot/comments/4b1ope/opendobot/

This is normal behavior for JUMP MOVES. Read page 16 figure 3.6 of the application manual. You can set the amount of Height for a JUMP, to a smaller amount, in Config Dobot.

In manual:
“Lift upward A move to new location move downward B”

My DoBot goes to X, Y position goes down and up
in same X, Y position.

Something is wrong here

Rapid 1 month to respond

OK, you said you were not programming the Z move, but you did in-directly by using a JUMP. There probably is a bug in the Arduino JUMP code. When moving between two points, a straight line might not be what you want. With the suction cup, you want to lift up at the beginning of the move, then drop back down at the end, to prevent dragging the object. If the Arduino code works correctly, using JUMP moves is like three moves in one.

Not using sucker. Go to pick up item – gripper bashes 10mm below stand of item.
I guess I am the only one that has gotten Dobot to move enough to see this?

How about upgrading the latest firmware? will it work? you can upgrade it according to this tutorial: http://dobot.cc/tutorial.html
Note that if your control board is the green one, then you need to configure the bluetooth module first.

I updated the firmware to the latest Dobot_V1.2_201604082140.
using App 1.1.1
Now Dobot has full range of motion in axis mode
In Linear mode NO +Y movement will only move +Y to -0.007 — -0.002 joint 1 angle
I can move -Y to -208.039
There is NO control over velocity — very slow can’t increase velocity

It continues to bow (about 10mm) at each stop.

Thank you for maximizing the frustration with this project

The latest firmware is Dobotfirmware.hex, not the V1.2 one. I suggest you use the DobotTools1.3 to upgrade the firmware and control the dobot, it’s more useful.

There is NO file out on your downloads that is designated Firmware version 1.3 ???
Is it the file in the dobottools-windows-x86-x64-offline-installer-1.3.0 ???

Thanks for the clear and concise documentation for this crappy robot!!!

loaded firmware file in 1.3 tools zip.

Don’t know whats in Dobot firmware
Is it to difficult to read dobot and report information in app?

Still bowing at each stop!!!

No Help !!!

Video of Dobot working and bowing at

Seems normal, no problem. I think the reason is that you have selected the mode JUMP here, if you select mode MOVL, then it will not behave like this: