Demo/Example does not connect to dobot

HI!

I’m trying to get started coding with dobot. Everything Works fine with DobotTools but when I run the examples/Demos it says it can’t connect to the Dobot? Am I missing a step to get the examples running with the Dobot arm? image is of the C# Demo and python.

Thanks

So I think I needed to set the port which the dobot was using to connect to my pc in the code, which I have now done, and it tells me there is a successful connection but then the actual arm doesn’t do anything? from what I’ve read, the python code should move the arm from side to side?

Also in the C# example it seems to connect, the DobotConnect enum is 0 which means no connection errors, but the GUI does not show up anymore?

I think I’m missing a set up step somewhere relevant to both examples?

OK so it seems I was trying to run the examples from “Dobot DemoV2.0” and they appear not to work with the original Dobot arm, the code from “DobotDemo for V1.0” does work.

Yes “Dobot DemoV2.0” is for Magician and “Dobot DemoV1.0” is for generation one. They are using different hardware and communication protocol.