Custom Suction Cup Sizes?

Hi there. We are considering buying a Dobot Magician for manipulation of many different kinds of plant seeds.

For this application, probably the existing suction cup is too large.

Are there ways to attach different-size suction cup ends (maybe those produced by different manufacturers)?
I can’t find any documentation on end-effectors.

The other option would be smaller gripper sizes - again, are there ways to swap these out?
Any help appreciated.

Hello Rob1,

I was having so much difficulty finding info about the vacuum suction cup for the dobot Magician. Nowhere is there specs or detailed measurements or even a name for fittings or size cup. I unscrewed the vacuum fitting off and took the suction cup off and took my own rough measurements. Attached is an image showing my rough measurements I am still trying to figure out what size fitting is needed or if there is a type that I can look up. I hope this helps.

A: Yes you can attach your own smaller suction cups you just need to make sure they mate with the metal fitting supplied with the dobot.

David wow amazing, thank you for the spec.

I wonder if you are interested in working on a paid project with us to get a simple seeding mechanism and movement program working with the Dobot (maybe using some of the needles used by the FarmBot project?) Could be fun. Can you let me know? I’m at rob //// at //// farm.one

Hello there.
I just wanted to thank @Ionzenith for these measurements. I just used them to get my own costum suction cups.
It helped me to find those i wanted.
In case you guys, or other dobot users, are still interested in this, i made some quick photos.

The first one is the original one. The second is a smaller one, 16,5mm instead of 20mm. The third one is a special one i got for my little task with little mutters. Why and how the others would fit with mutters are shown in the third picture.

I still got the buy-Link atleast for the small one. This site also ships to other countries.

https://www.landefeld.de/artikel/de/flachsauger-p-serie-165x20mm-silikon-transparent-/VSP%2016%20F%20SI#

Hope i could also help. :+1:

Hello Gero,

Can you please post the links for the source that you found these suction cups at. What country are you in and how long did it take to get them, did you get them all from one source?

How was your experience picking up the marbles does the cup wrap itself around the curve or does it only work in the middle?

I put the Link i got in my first post. I deleted it by mistake. I have to search the source for the black one again as im not having it at the moment.
Im from germany. And it took only 1 day to get these suction cups. But i let my company i currently work for order them. So it could take longer for other countries/companys/private households.

The marbles only get picked up in the middle. The point over the marbles has to be pretty precise. But i think that comes from the small vaccum power we got with the standard air pump. Im aiming to get myself an other air pump with a bit more power. I believe that would help to get items picked up, even if the picking-up-point above the item is not absolute accurad.