Can't get Dobot Magician to communicate with laptop

Hi Eric,

I can’t get the Dobot Magician to work. Seems like a driver problem. It looks like the COM port is OK (COM6), but when I start Dobot Client (ver. 1.3.3) I get this errormessage “Error 2 Comport can’t open”. There is no other (Arduino) software that occupies this comport. Tried every suggestion, uninstalled everything, installed it again with the drivers from your link to from Arduino ver. 1.6.9 including drivers. In "Device manager"I see exactly what it needs to be “Arduino Mega 2560 (COM6)”

When I start Dobot, the indicator goes from amber (3 seconds) to green. The same after resetting, so that looks OK. I can see other topics about this problem, but those don’t help me out…Can you help me out ?

Thanks in advance ! Regards Harry.

You have used the wrong software. The correct software for dobot magician is here:
http://dobot.cc/download-center/dobot-magician.html

Eric, thanks a million !

I downloaded the correct software (DobotStudio), updated after installation. Again “Error 2…” However, after unplugging the USB cable and choose another USB port on the laptop, I get “COM7” in the upper left corner of Dobot Studio. Connection OK and everything seems to work OK.

Small remark: “Dobot Magician User Manual-Tutorial.pdf” chapter 1 is a little confusing, don’t use it ! Please rewrite it !

Many thanks, kind regards,
Harry.

Could you tell me the confusing part? Maybe I can correct it these days, tks!