AC Adaptor not powering up

Hi. I have just received my Mooz a couple of days ago and to my disappointment the ac adaptor seems to not be powering up. The little LED light on it does not light up and it does not power up the Mooz. It also makes a humming sound when plugged in. I have contacted Dobot via email as well as through the kickstarter campaign but no answer and was hoping someone here would or have a solution for me? Thanks.

Check whether the 3-pin plug has been properly connected to the power adapter.

Yes that was the 1st thing I tried. I also tried using different power cables as well as power outlets. Im quite sure its doa as the humming has now become a “chirping” sound.

Our support team will contact you after celebrating Chinese new year, sorry for the trouble.

ok Thanks Sunger2012 for replying. Will patiently wait for the reponse.

Humming from ac adaptors can be quite normal, usually vibrations from the coils inside. You can get it quite often with some laptops and pretty much any electrical component.

My Ac adaptors hum whenever I plug them into my portable battery /Ups.

The light not coming on /faulty brick seems to be a common problem with a batch of adaptors supplied with these machines, I would suggest to stop using /attempting to use it.

On the underside it should say output 12v, 6.5A. Any ac adaptor that has a 12v output of 6.5a or more will be sufficient to power the mooz, of course you need to check the DC plug is the same.

Chinese New year ends on the 2/2/2018 or so, they probably have a lot of emails to reply to and sending you a new plug would probably be quite expensive on its own plus the delay in shipping. I would go out and buy one and hope they’d offer some compensation.

Please send email to mooz@dobot.cc if you haven’t done that.