6 DOF Dobot - ADD another 2 Servos

Hello to everyone and to the Dobot Support Team!

I want to upgrade the Dobot to a 6 DOF Robot Arm!

And now my question:

How i can control the 2 extra Servos?

With the 100kHz and 30% or 0.05kHz and 2.5% and 12.5 % not work!!!

Why its not possible to upgrade the Software with a “R2” and “R3” Column???

It will be easy to handle!!!

I make a Deal:

If you upgrade the Software to a “R2” and “R3” Column for GP4 and GP5 - I will share for free my stl files for the Dobot Gimbal.

To all other Dobot User:

Do you have an solution for controlling the extra Servos?

Ok - i the Moment i make to test with a Arduino and the Dobot ( There i can controll much more Servos) but the programing ist horrible!!!

Best Boris

I made Dobot project with additional servos, and the parameters for controlling it were 0,05kHz, and duty cycle in range between about 3-12%.

Controlling additional servos is a bit of tricky. Don’t remember how to set up them in DobotStudio, because setting this is not so clear. I had to make some tries, like “I will click here, and lets see what happen”, until it works. Also some posts on forum and screens in documantation can help.

Don’t know how Dobot programs in Arduino looks like, but I guess it’s not so easily. I’ve made some bigger projects in Arduino, and in the end I’ve always connect Arduino and Dobot to some kind of Windows machine via USBs, for easier programming. Anyway: for controlling additional servos in C++ in Windows (DobotDemo for Qt) I had to declare for Dobot, that choosen pins will be used for PWM signals, and I had to do this before servo controll starts. Without it servo didn’t work properly.